Monday, January 10, 2005

Scattered Thoughts

Wrinkled, worn and weary, still wearing a smile.
Youth and joy and laughter, hidden in his eyes.

Hmm. . .that's all. I can't think anymore. So much of writing is inspiration and emotion for me. If I stretch past that point, it's gone, theres nothing else. There are times when I can't even write intelligible sentences, because I have no inspiration. Pathetic, I know. Oh, well.

Today was a good day. My friends took me out for my birthday. God has blessed me with such awesome friends. I love each and every one of them. They are fun and interesting and wonderful girls. I think it's important to have a "family" of friends around you, who understand your walk in life. We don't always have that, but for the times that we do, it's a wonderful gift.

It's funny that sometimes I have the expectation of things in life that I "deserve". Jesus has to tap me on the shoulder and remind me, that I deserve nothing. The gift is everything, anything. Wow, it takes so little time for me to become ungrateful. I'm amazed He still loves me. I love that He does.

Crazy, all that is precious to me about an old man thrilled with life, is just a reflection of His' character. Everything wonderful is.

So I say thank you, and good night.

No comments: