Some days you just feel unpleasant. Your not sick, your not emotionally disturbed, just. .unpleasant. Its that kind of blah feeling that inhabits humid, somewhat rainy days. Discouraged yet? Hold on I'm working on it.
Hmm. . . what else accompanies this fine day? Well, usually there is something discouraging to dwell on. Perhaps, your friend is not doing well or you are tired of putting up with something or someone or maybe you didn't do as well as you wanted to on that test . you. .took, wait a sec, this is sounding a little too familiar. Uh, anyway. . . those items are usually included in the mix. And yet another element might perhaps be that physically, exhausted is the only correct, descriptive word. Yeah. . unpleasant.
So, what is the solution to this miserable mayhem? I believe it is found in my title, Everyday Embraced. I do believe that if I choose to take my terrible,no-good, very bad day to Him, He will dispose of it nicely. Everything I feel or experience that is yuck goes back to either a fleshly sinful response on my part or something I am not trusting Christ to take care of. That does not mean that days are not going to be difficult, but that "in the midst of" Christ is there, present and embraceable.
Today, I need to take Him up on that. Hmm. . .I think I will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
...like when you go to bed with gum in your mouth, and wake up with gum in your hair? Thanks Becca :)
Post a Comment