Friday, November 05, 2004

A very small taste. . .

Silence. . . 11,500 voices. . . in silence.

Then slowly, from one corner of the crescent shaped room a voice is heard singing. . .softly, sweetly.

"I love you Lord and I lift my voice, to worship You. ."

5 voices singing. . ."oh, my soul, rejoice. . "
50 voices join in. . "take joy my King. . ."
200, 500, 3,000 voices. . ."in what You hear. ."

By this time the song has crept halfway around the arena. .gentle, unaccompanied voices. .

6,000, 8,000. . "may it be a sweet, sweet sound. . "
10,000, 11,500. . "in Your ear."

And then it begins again, in full force, all 11,500 voices joined in one emotion exaltation to our King.

"I love You Lord. .".

I share a memory of a sweet moment in the presence of the Lord, with thousands. The precious intimacy with Jesus at that moment was indescribable. Worship was propelled by the Holy Spirit, and we all received a little taste of Heaven.

Where was I? Passion Conference 1999. I can't describe it. I can't put a container around what the power of Christ does in an environment like that. All I can say is, amazing, life changing. . .Don't miss out.
Passion'05 is in Nashville, TN this year. If you get a chance you should go. If you are older than 26 or so, then go as a leader or a volunteer. If your interested check out the web site:

One more question...were you there in '99? And if so, do you remember that moment?

No comments: